Sunday 24 November 2013

WEEK ONE OF THE NCS - day 1

Day 1 – 29/07/2013
Nearly 9:45 AM – Going to Peterborough for NCS programme (Wave 2,
Team White, Phase 1)
Still on bus. Bored to hell. Only been moving for 1 hr.
still got an hr. to go.

10:47 AM – I got them MOOOOVEES LIKE JAGER!!

11:11 AM – Bedford and Havenhand shop FITTING not shoplifting.

11:16 AM – E. Park and sons LTD Quality Potatoes. What makes a
quality 'tater?

11:21 AM – Did I mention that we crossed the border into El county of
Lincolnshire about 30 minutes back?

11:22 AM – IDA MARIA!!

11:47 AM – Just entered Sherwood Forest country.

11:48 AM – BORED!! AND my arse hurts.

11:51 AM – Wind Turbines!!

11:53 AM – Quick tour of Sherwood Forest country. To our left, trees. To
our right, trees. What's that over there? TREES!!!

11:55 AM – It appears we've arrived.

12:25 PM – All unpacked in Pelham Hall. Jodie and I have the top attic
room. It has a lovely view of old roof tiles, tree tops and
another building (or at least part of a corner of it!).
If I haven't lost half my body weight in lugging my stuff up
here, I'll never lose any weight at all.
Either way, site walk at half past and then lunch at about
1 PM.
This place must be listed (Worksop College).

1:23ish PM – This place is a maze. I know my way to my room (on the
top floor no less!!) and from my room to the dining hall
and now the front door (thank god!!).

7 flights of stairs and 70 steps IS NOT FUNNY!!! >:(

1:40ish PM – Lunch consisted of five meatballs, noodles, baked beans
and THE WORST coffee and walnut cake I've ever tasted.
We didn't get the tour, instead we played rock, paper,
scissors and hangman.

1:57 PM – sat in theatre, got myself a double shadow in the form of two
girls from team blue, both seem very agreeable!

2:20 PM – Boring talk, now tour.

3:15 PM – After getting back to safety from rain, we where forced to come
to the sports hall. Now the outer edge of my note pad is
ruined. Not a happy bunny.

3:20 PM – Playing Splat in the sports hall. BORED.

3:23ish PM – Science and magic, sleep and rest, seeing and observing. It's
hard to define the differences sometimes, although
individual definitions are rarely hard to find.

3:27ish PM – If this weather persists I'm going to have to have a word
with the MET Office.

4:20 PM – Back in the Theatre.

4:25 PM – Group meeting (White Team).

5:40 PM Still in the group meeting.

6:12ish PM – Dinner Chicken nuggets, peas, wedges, banana. Free till
7:30 PM.
There are plaques to each dorm / house showing students
who excelled.
Mason – Sola Nobilitas Virtus
Talbot – Prest D'accomplir
Scholae – Sempre Ad Coel Estia
Mount Garret – Depressus Exlollor
PelhamLoyalte N'a Honte
Shirley – Loyal Je Suis
Portland – Craignez Honte
Derry – Pergite Sempre
Gibbs – Tenax Propositi
On each side of the dorm / house shield are the words
'Gloria Dormus'

9:45ish PM – Go look around the college.


10:05 PM – Brush teeth, get changed, go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment